This project is read-only.

Running larger reports

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Just like to say love the new exchange reports tool you have developed. Just had a quick question though. When running the "mailbox report" it seems to consume all my memory on my machine (memory jumps to over 2GB) and my machine becomes un-useable ( i have to kill the task running).

We have over 50,000 mailboxes however (which i believe may be contributing to this). Not sure if there is something you can do for when running reports for larger sites like ours? It would be awesome if there was an indicator to show how much of the report is complete (would be nice to have a status showing how much it has completed etc.)

What i've done in the past to eleviate the issue (when running powershell scripted reports) was to run the report in parts (i.e. get all the "A" mailboxes, then process, then dump the memory, then get all the "B" mailboxes, then process, then dump the memory etc.)

Once again great work.
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Hi cro_m78

Thanks for the feedback, I have also seen that in larger environments. We haven't started performance tuning yet, but it is something we will have to address in one of the future releases. The reason is we pull all information at once, just as you described. We will definitely address it in an upcoming release.

Again thank you for the feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us for requests/feedback/questions.

Gokhan