Login issue

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I get the following:

"Error, please check your connection settings, username and password"

I selected the following options: On premises, username and password authentication, basic authentication.
Developer
Aug 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hi,

Have you tried kerberos?

Thanks

Serkan

Windows Phone'umdan gönderildi

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I too am having the same issue. I have tried basic and kerberos. I have also used the authentication type of windows and username/password. I have also used combinations of each.

It looks like it is trying but get the same error as the op.
Jan 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I'm having the same trouble - I put in my server FQDN and tried Windows Kerberos auth and got the above error message, then tried username and password and got the same.
Jan 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM
I found the issue and am now logged in. It appears someone can't type the FQDN of my server very well. s-:
Jan 15, 2014 at 2:13 PM
To those who are still having issues, have you included the FQDN of one of your Exchange servers before you clicked the LogIn button?
Feb 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM
WillMartin's comment that he could not type the FQDN correct made me think.

I was using the alias - mail.domain.com changed to the actual machine name exchange.domain.local and this allowed me to log in.

Hope this may help someone.
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM
On the codebehind whenever you cannot connect I just display a static text which is "Please check etc..." There might be many other reasons you couldn't log in. I'll try to capture the text and display it in one of the future releases.