This project is read-only.

Suggestions / Feature Requests

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Please do not hesitate to post your Suggestions / Feature Requests under this thread.
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Thank you for this initiative.
Its really cool (user experience) and useful.

few suggestions (if its not already there - may be i didnt get it):
1) please include export report feature - at minimum csv and html, and xls and pdf will be a plus.
2) In single mailbox report - is it possible to add public delegate and private delagates attributes.
3) Single Group Report: on memebership info, can we have one tab for nested groups "groups" as members.
4) Group Report: i have one restricted group with multiple restricted nested groups - i would like to see the one user having rights to send to the parent group is allowed to send email to the nested group as well or not.

Thanks
Sahal
Mar 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
First of all, good job guys.

There is option to copy the result of report, but if you guys can create Export option, then it would awesome.
Would it be possible to add email notification after generating the report?

I am still testing it and I hope coming soon part will be released very soon :)

Cheers,
-Gulab
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Hi TechieSahal

Thank you, we are constantly working on improving the application. Below are my answers to your suggestions.

1) We currently do not have export functionality to csv, excel or pdf. This is something we will work on. In the mean time you can copy the tables and paste it to anywhere(Excel), there is button above each table "Select All/Copy" for this functionality.
2) I will look into this one on a future release.
3) On the membership info tab, "Number of groups" shows the nested groups and their parents.
4) This might be in a future release.

Regards

Gokhan
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Hey Gulab

Exporting is something we want to add in a future release, but we have to work on each report separately as some of them have several tabs. Email notification is possible this will also be added to our to-do list.

Best Regards

Gokhan
Mar 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Excellent tool guys, I have found it very useful to find out some quick information. One suggestion for the tool, you already have the message tracking and distribution group information in your tool and something I struggle with is determine DL use. We have a lot of groups and I have no idea to know if they are even needed any longer. I know I can use the tracking logs to determine how many times the specific group is used by the "Expand" eventID. I do not know if this could be an easy addition to your group details or tracking search in your tool. If this is the first time you have heard of this suggection, then maybe it is not something people look at and not worth the time.

Keep up the great work on the tool

Mark
Mar 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.

DL use report is already in place. If you go to group reports screen and choose calculate message count, it will add a column showing the message counts for all your distribution group expand events on all transport servers. You can sort that column to find how many message each group received.

Thanks

Serkan
Mar 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Serkan, I don’t know how I missed that. Thank you for pointing out the completely obvious option in your tool that I was blind too. That just made my day.

Thanks again,

Mark
May 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM
In version 0.9 I find that I cannot go back to the previous config screen in the message tracking report. In version 0.80 there was a back button and the criteria that was entered for the report was kept and could be updated. Now, if I need to make a change after running the report, there is no way to go back to the config screen, that I can see, and I have to run a new report by re-entering all the data again. Just something that I noticed.

Keep up the great work,

Mark
May 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Hi mderosia

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't even noticed that. :) I will add it back in next release.

Gokhan
Aug 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hi guys,

First of all, please let me say, "Excellent job guys!" A free tool, so i am a little apprehensive on giving 'suggestions', but in the future version, could you include the mailbox sizes and the Last Known (Full) Backup (user-end)?

Very much appreciated.

Lukas